FYELABS is a unique service for emerging and ambitious companies. Termed innovation-as-a-service (IaaS), the FYELABS offering provides a fast-paced and professionally managed product development and problem solution service. It has been operational for about 2 years, and has served over 30 companies spread across 4 countries. Typical FYELABS projects run anywhere between 2 weeks and 6 months, with a diverse set of application areas. We are a proud spin-off of McMaster University and based in Hamilton, ON, Canada.
As a result of circumstances relating to COVID-19, for a temporary period, you may be required to work remotely. This working from home arrangement is a short-term measure that will begin on your start date with FYELABS and is expected to end once FYELABS resumes normal onsite operations. While working remotely, you are responsible for your overall productivity, progress on assignments and service level. It is expected that you will demonstrate all work-related tasks performed over the course of the week through tangible/measurable means.
About the Role
The FYELABS team is looking for an independent, self-motivated full-time frontend developer with an educational background in Computer Science or Software Engineering. The selected candidate will work in a high-performing team, developing innovative products and solutions for a broad range of applications.
The appointed person will have opportunities to work alongside an exceptionally dynamic multidisciplinary team, including a number of ambitious companies, both emerging and established, from around the world.
This position is suited for an individual with 1-3 years of experience.
What you will do
- Design, develop and deliver commercial quality web-based, desktop and mobile applications with various web technologies.
- Maintain and refactor legacy code as new features are required.
- Improve the quality of codebases through unit testing and E2E testing.
- Rapidly build prototypes.
- Support software installation processes.
- Assist with providing technical support for customers.
Everyone is human. We don't expect you to have perfect knowledge of every technology listed below.
- Frameworks: Vue.js, Vuex, vue-router, React
- CSS Frameworks: Bootstrap, Bulma, Tailwind CSS, Vuetify
- Testing: Jest, Mocha, Cypress
- Integration: RESTful JSON and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with building and running Docker containers.
- Working knowledge of accessible and responsive web principles.
- Experience in writing/consuming RESTful APIs, knowledge of microservices.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle: analysis, design, implementation, testing, commissioning, validation, documentation.
- Overall good person.
Are you ready to tackle new challenges?